Saturday 1 April 2017

Pocket Full Of Posies

My card today features my NBUS Spellbinders Jeans Pocket die. I am ashamed to tell you just how long I have owned this die and had not even opened the package yet!

I have  thrown caution to the wind and made quite a colourful card today. As much as I love colourful cards, choosing vivid shades does not come naturally to me. Once I get started, I am always happy with the colour though!

I cut the jeans pocket out of some lightly embossed (with a sort of striped pattern) denim coloured card. The card has a sort of sateen sheen and is quite pretty. Because it a bit delicate, I cut the die again from heavy weight black card and glued the sateen card to it.

I used some leafy cluster dies and layered a bunch of paper flowers with them. Luckily I had some blue brads, as well as some teensy, orange button brads, so I was able to alternate the colours of the layers. I need to make an awful lot of flower cards as I have so many paper flowers stockpiled from when they were in style, many, many years ago!


The DP is all from the My Minds Eye, My Girl 6x6 paper pad. I also used a second NBUS item, the ombre peach coloured, Recollections canvas die cut. (just behind the flowers). It was actually too tall for my card, so I cut it in half and then trimmed about 1/2 inch or so from each middle edge

Most of the flowers and the butterflies were from Michaels many years ago. I tore the diamond off the turquoise one and layered the white butterfly overtop.

The leaves were all cut from snippets. I cut up the entire green snippet and have two leafy branches leftover for another project. This was a fun card to make, no stress at all and very relaxing. I am looking forward to making a couple more for my card box.

Recipe:

Base Card and Envelope - premade orange card from my stash
Card Stock - snippets of green for the leafy branches
DP - My Minds Eye - My Girl
Canvas - Recollections canvas banner
Flowers - from my stash  (Michaels\)
Butterflies - from my stash (Michaels)
Brads - Colorbok aqua teensy brads from my very old stash( VOS) , orange button teensy brads from my very old stash (VOS)
Dies - Memory Box Small Leafy Twig die and Sue Wilson Pine Twig die

I am entering this card in the following challenge:
Pixies Crafty Workshop - must use snippets.
2. Darnells NBUS #11 - must have NBUS and or a boo boo

24 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Maureen, what glorious flowers and such pretty colours too, super design too, it's a lovely die, good for you getting your stash used eventually, Kate x

jimlynn said...

It's beautiful!! I love the denim look no the pot and what a pretty bouquet of lovely, lovely flowers!
Lynn

Sue - said...

What a super card, so pretty and colourful.

Carol L said...

This is the prettiest pocketful of posies ever! Love how you used all those flowers - I gave most of mine away earlier this year but I too had them for years!

Kathleen said...

Wow, this is fantastic, really brilliant make.

Kath x

Liz said...

Lovely card, Maureen. You've created a beautiful bouquet of flowers and I love the patterned paper background. I've got a box of paper flowers I've had for ages too, this is a great way of using them. xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Maureen, lovely vibrant colours and so many beautiful flowers - it must have taken you ages.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sue said...

Stunning card Mo! love all the colours it's really gorgeous huggles Sue xxxxxx

MaryH said...

Oh you did have a wonderful lot of snippets on this lovely & lush spring card. Love the 'fabric' of the pocket and also love all these beautiful & so colorful posies. Like the mat colors & the splash of color on the background. Love all the bright centers of each of the flowers. This is just gorgeous, Mo! Love it. TFS - Hugs

Valerija said...

Your card is beautiful, love the flowers and background paper.
Valerija xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Great card Mo, a pocket full of posies indeed... did you know Darnell has a NBUS challenge 1-11th April, so you could add this too.
Hugs and prayers dear friend.
Thanks for sharing your inspiration!
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Donna said...

Maureen, this is stunning! Love the color combination. Beautifully done! Have a wonderful wek.

Di said...

Fabulous card Mo - what a riot of flowers, so pretty! And just the greenery must have taken ages to die cut - well done.

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Forgot to say - well done for being first into the Playground! xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Wow, this is beautiful Maureen, the flowers match the backing papers so well.

Sue xx

Greta said...

It doesn't look easy to me, but what a gorgeous creation, Maureen! I'll probably never use my huge box of paper flowers--want some more?!--haha

Marlena M. said...

This is gorgeous~lovely dimension and colors!

Darnell said...

Oh, my goodness, Mo, I am mega-impressed with this beautiful jean's pocket of posies!! That was a lot of work, but you've end up with a masterpiece! And, hey, I recognize that pocket paper. I have some of it in every color from Back In The Day. Great way to use it! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #11!! Hugs, Darnell

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a really beautiful card with all those lovely flowers.

Tracy said...

Your card is beautiful.
Your flowers match the background paper perfectly.
Just so beautiful!!!

AlisonC said...

I love your riot of colour. I think paper flowers are always in fashion so don't worry and keep using them. They look brilliant with the buttons and brads.

Linby said...

LOVE this - so colourful and cheery and well done on using that die.

Barb said...

This is a beauty Maureen. I love all the gorgeous little flowers. A colourful and very happy card. Barbxx

Brenda said...

Oh my goodness Maureen, this is a gorgeous card! I love the jean pocket you have made, and the card you used it perfect for a pocket! Those blooms are so pretty and look gorgeous coming out of the pocket. Love those papers you used too, goes so well with the pocket and flowers. Just a stunning card! Hugs, Brenda