Friday 14 April 2017

Hear Me Roar!

This card started out from a desire to use up the three stacking mats you see here. I often precut mats from my snippets and place them in tiny photo albums from the dollar store. Each book holds one particular colour. They are very handy for taking to the lake or to crops. Once I realised that these three stacked nicely, I was determined to make a card with them.

The DP is from snippets of 12x12 DP left over from a scrapbooked Zoo outing. I used a snippet of reddish brown woodgrain DP to back the word border. Sorry, but I do not know the manufacturer of the original papers.

This card has a couple of NBUS items.  The 3D giraffe was purchased quite some time ago from the Dollar store, and never used till today.
The red number 1 is cut from a brand new sheet of 12 x 12 red glittered card. I used the free large number dies at my local papercraft store. As long as you buy the paper from them, you can use their dies for free.

I had a hard time getting a photograph of this card. I needed two lamps to illuminate the red glitter paper on the right hand side. Sadly, I only have one!  Both corners, the number one and the Happy Birthday are all cut from the same red glitter paper that photographed correctly on the bottom left corner.
       
                                    

Future Project ideas...

I am going to make an effort to feature some Studio G stamps in my card totals each month. I have a couple to post at the moment, so watch this blog if you too have stockpiled these teensy stamps!

I have been having fun lately, looking through my stash of Studio G stamps. They were so popular a few years ago and I fell into the craze, collecting two or three every time I went to Michaels. I stashed them into baseball card plastic sleeves and promptly forgot about them. Out of sight, out of mind!  I am going to select a coupleof these stamps to use each month. They are great for adding a sentiment when you have forgotten to leave room. Usually I can find a teensy sentiment in my Studio G stamps!

20 comments:

Valerija said...

This is so beautiful! Love the little giraffe.
Valerija xx

dutchess said...

That's just lovely Maureen...I know what you mean about buying stamps I dread to even look at times,....such a good feeling to use one!....loving the red pop of glitter xxxx

Christine Harrop said...

Great card and I love the giraffe! Reminds me of seeing all the giraffes, and tiny babies(well not so small obviously but compared to the adults .... )when we visited the safari park last year. Hope you are keeping well. Christine xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card Maureen, I love the Giraffe he's so cute. I makes a perfect card for a toddler. Hope you are having a Happy Easter with the family.

Sue xx

Cara said...

That giraffe was a great find, he's just adorable. This is such a sweet card. Cara x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awww! This is so sweet and adorable. What a fun card for a little one.

cotnob said...

A super card Maureen, your stacking mats co-ordinate beautifully and your giraffe is so sweet - a perfect design for a youngster.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

AlisonC said...

A lovely fun card. What a good idea to cut colour co-ordinated mats ready for action. I often think getting a good photo is harder than making the card.

Sandra H said...

Awww so cute l just adore your giraffe image just the cutest ever card hope you enjoy your easter weekend x

Kathleen said...

My Daughter loves Giraffes. Really lovely creation and a great use of the mats, super image and background.

Kath x

Darnell said...

Well done, Mo! I'm so proud of you for using all your schtuffs new and old! Your giraffe card is awesome! And so cool today because April (famous on YouTube) had her baby today finally!! Can't wait to see the Studio G creations you make! Hugs, Darnell

MaryH said...

Yay for you at using up some snipets & NBUS! Brilliant idea for saving your cut shapes too, and to grab quickly when you go to the Lake. I love the colors and the set of scallop mats show off this darling little giraffe (a terrific bargain find too!) so nicely. What a sweet birthday card it made for a special little person. Well done! TFS & Happy Easter.

Linby said...

I love giraffes, great card and well done on finding those stamps!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Such a cute card. Love all your layers, Mo.
Hugs,
Em xoxox

cuilliesocks said...

Love this one Maureen, brilliant image and design. I was watching a giraffe being born on FB yesterday and then taking it's first steps, all helped by it's mum, it's was certainly touching and an aww moment, Kate x

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such an inspiration Maureen ...I too have some Studio G stamps which I need to ink up!! Such a cute giraffe
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Pia S said...

Such a fun design, I love the giraffe and this sweet colorful creation is perfect for a one year old, boy or girl...

Brenda said...

What a great idea Maureen! I love your card, the giraffe is so cute, your layers are fabulous and I love the big one! Sure made for one cute card! Hugs, Brenda

Greta said...

Oh how cute is this! Love the triple mat!

Tracy said...

Such a sweet card!!
I like that you made such an effort to use these matts, and they turned out great with this card.
Oh I have stacks of those Studio G stamps and I too use the sentiments for my cards, especially when wanting to stamp on a thin banner :)