Sunday 2 April 2017

Christmas Card Club - Christmas Flowers

This fortnights theme for the Christmas Card Club was chosen by Carol of CM Designs.

 I am in the midst of a kitchen reno, as well as replacing the laminate on our main floor with hardwood.. Everything from the main floor of my house is tucked into every room on the floors above and below,  It was a bit of a flurry of activity to get this card finished for today. I was very silly not to remember to make this card ahead of tine!

I have used a topper made in a class a couple of years ago (NBUS). I did not notate the stamp manufacturer, but we wet embossed with a glossy black embossing powder and coloured the image with Twinkling H2O's. There is a beautiful glimmer on the painted parts of the image.


I matted a sheet of NBUS Kaiser Christmas Wishes font DP onto a purple mat and then placed that at the bottom of a glimmery silver card.  I triple matted the image with various snippets of purple card and set that onto a Christmas Wishes floral DP. I picked up that Kaiser 6x6 Christmas pad a short while ago and I'm very pleased with the non-traditional colours and designs.

I went around the edges of that floral piece of DP with Purple Stickles. It gave it a lovely bit of sparkle.


If you wish to look at any of the other ladies contributions, their names and hyperlinks are on my right hand sideboard.

I am entering this card in the following challenges.
1. Christmas Card Club - Christmas Flowers

28 comments:

rachel said...

Beautiful make. I love this. Hugs rachel x

Valerija said...

Absolutely gorgeous, love the poinsettia.
Valerija xx

cuilliesocks said...

Hello Maureen, your card is gorgeous, beautifully designed and coloured, I can see the twinkle there and your choice of papers is brilliant, love it all.
Good luck with the the kitchen remodeling, Kate x

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A stunning card Maureen, I love the gorgeous stamp and it look fantastic stamped on the black card.

Sue xx

dutchess said...

Stunning Maureen...I love the sparkle it's pure magic xxxx

Rainey's Craft Room said...

That's a beautiful stamp and the H20's give it a gorgeous shimmer too, what a lovely card.
Lorraine

shazsilverwolf said...

Lovely card Mo, and for some reason I'm thinking the image is a Magenta one. I also forgot I needed a card for this week, so I'm late to the party! Hope the renovation is going well, and there are not too many hair pulling out moments! Hugs, Shaz Xx

Pat said...

This is a really pretty poinsettia Maureen and I can imagine there must lots of lovely sparkle and shine from the H20's and love the holly and berry image down the side. x

Carol L said...

This is beautiful and I bet the shimmer IRL looks fantastic too!

Em Louise Fairley said...

Stunning card, Mo.
Hugs,
Em xoxox

Barb said...

This is a lovely card Maureen. I love the stamp and the H2o's give a lovely effect. Barbxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous poinsettia and I love it in those soft colors. Beautiful shine as well.

MaryH said...

Oh my, this is so pretty & dramatic! Good for you with the H2O work...that is a skill I try periodically to work with, and don't think I've ever gotten a really good result (well, it's water coloring!) You did a splendid job with this - love the image. Adding the pretty border strip so enhanced the look of this gorgeous poinsettia! TFS & Hugs

Jenny L said...

Hi Maureen,
I think I know how you feel as we are having a bathroom refit, which started today, and my I don't know where all the items came from they are dotted around my bungalow everywhere, but of course none in my craft room as there is no room at the inn as they say with crafty stash. lol.
Your card is so wonderful and the lovely and gorgeous poinsettia is fantastic.
Lovely holly border also, and the H2o's make it shimmer so.
Lots of crafty love and hugs from my house to yours. Jenny L.

Kathleen said...

Gorgeous image and love the black background a great change from all the traditional Christmas colours.

Kath x

Berina RGA said...

Such a beautiful card!! Love the glossy embossing.

Mrs A. said...

Truly beautiful and so elegant in the purple colours. A pleasant change from the normal chrismtas colours. Hugs Mrs A.

Brenda said...

This is a beautiful card Maurine! I love poinsettia's and yours on the dark paper is just lovely!! I'm not sure how you were able to pull this card all together with all you have going on in your home is beyond me, but my hats off to you!! Good luck with all the remodeling and the flooring. It will be worth it in the long run. Hugs, Brenda

Gibmiss said...

Stunning card Mo
Hugs Sylvie xx

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Maureen, lovely colours and great design.
Sorry I haven't been around for a few days - hubby took me away for a surprise break, an early birthday present.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Greta said...

So beautiful, Maureen--love Twinkling H2Os!

Jules said...

Hi Mo

Well that was certainly a very lovely topper to have stashed away! I love the embossing and the Twinkling H2O work.

You must have been really chuffed to have come across that little beauty stashed away.

Love Jules xx

Diane said...

How exciting on your remodel. I really like the matting, colors and design.

Hugs Diane

Tracy said...

Such a pretty card, love the embossing.

Liz said...

Super card, Maureen. Gorgeous topper and I love all the embossing. xx

MagsB said...

Such a lovely Christmas card, Maureen, so sparkly and festive!

love Mags B x

SewPaperPaint said...

I'm not sure if I have ever used my H2Os to color on black. How beautiful and striking! I love your design! Hugs, Autumn

Carol said...

This is so pretty Maureen, a gorgeous topper. Sorry to be so late commenting this time. Carol x