Sunday 19 August 2012

A parcel

A while back, I was checking out all the busy desktops on Julia's What On Your Workdesk Wednesday.
I left a comment on the lovely Kay's blog...505 Whimsy girl. I told her that I thought the bird stamp on her worktop was gorgeous! She emailed me later and told me that she wanted to mail me the stamp as she was downsizing her wood mounted stamp collection.

I was so touched as I just left the comment as we all do...drooling over each others desks and what is on them.

Today, I arrived home from the lake and raced up to the mail box...brought a carry bag with me to shove all the envelopes into.  Eyes peeled, I was watching for my parcel from the lovely Kay. aka 505 Whimsygirl.
YES...it was there!!!

Raced home (all 3 houses...teehee),  handed DH the bills (teehee), and raced downstairs to tear open my parcel so I could share it with you all.

The stamp was carefully protected with a Starbucks card sleeve.  That brought a smile to my face because if you read my blog you will know that I often use coffee card sleeves in a certain series of recycled bird cards that I make.

There was also this  pretty little note from Kay...I am such a lucky girl!
Here is the close up of the stamp...

Isn't it just gorgeous? I can't wait to get it inky and create some pretty cards with it.  Little Miss C is going to love it as well!

Thanks again to Kay and hope you will pop over to check out her blog. Here is the link again.
Kay's blog

6 comments:

Pia S said...

Thanks for sharing this sunshine story! It takes so little to make someone really happy! I would also like to thank you for all the nice comments you leave me on my blog - I really appreciate them!

Leslie Miller said...

Oh, that's a sweet stamp, and so nice of Kay to send it to you!

Jo said...

That's a lovely story.....I've never met a crafter yet who doesn't like to share!
Hugs Jo x

505whimsygirl said...

Woo hoo. I'm so glad the birdies arrived safe and sound! I love re-using the Starbucks sleeves too.

Have fun creating!!

Hugs,
Kay

Glenda Atkins said...

Fabulous story and what wonderful gift!

Tracy said...

Oh my goodness, that was so sweet of her.
I leave the bills for my hubby too, they are any fun, lol.
Pretty card she sent to you as well.
Looking forward to seeing what you create with your new stamp :)