Thursday 9 February 2012

It's A Guy Thing

Sometimes I have a hard time thinking of card design ideas for the men (and boys) in my life.

Luckily for me, DD's cousin-in-law has great design skills.

A couple of times a year, she has a cardmaking night. Usually about a dozen women come and take home 10 glorious creations. She has a lovely home that always has a warm, inviting feel. Her entry is always decorated for the season.  I just love to walk up the sidewalk and see what gorgeous, heartwarming things she has tucked up at the entry! The entryway is always just a taste of the evening to come as the inside of the house and the nibbles are always fantastic too.

Here are a couple of the cards I made with her.  I love that they are so masculine looking.
She always provides clear card sleeve envelopes which I have added labels to and mailed as is. In this case I chose to use a red envelope as I always buy Christmas cards in January when they reach at least 75% off (I like 90% even better).  I buy them for the envelopes!  The red envelope in the foreground  is one of these finds.  Red is perfect for Valentines cards and some birthday card, etc.

The second card is for a young man or boy. I love the feeling of action it evokes.
I have a lovely black envelope to match with this black ground.

Thanks for looking. Hope you enjoyed the cards!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh, these are great! love all the texture and dimension!

Jingle said...

These are ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!

Heidi said...

I also have a hard time making masculine cards. I don't even know where to start. These turned out GREAT!! Thanks for visiting my blog and of course I don't mind if you pin it.

Margie Higuchi said...

How fun to have a card making night! LOVE how the cards turned out and so appreciate masculine card idea - a mom of boys! LOL!!

Karen said...

These cards are awesome!!

Tracy said...

These cards are perfect for boys or men :)
I do have trouble with manly cards.

Lisa said...

Beautiful cards they are quite inspiring.

Jo said...

Fab boys/men cards - i always have trouble thinking up ideas as i have 5 sons! Love them both - is the second one a stamp? Might have to buy that one!!
Jo x

Sandra said...

These are fabulous, better than any shop bought card I've seen for males

Sandy said...

Both cards are grand! I read your blog and OMG - could you get any busier!! Sounds like you have a fun and exciting life. I remember when my grands were into Thomas trains. Oh what fun they had!!

Pia S said...

Thanks for all the nice comments you left on my blog. Must say I really get inspired by yours, so I am now a follower too. This card is excellent! Great idea on how to use brick embossing folder. I've got one, but never knew how to use it.... Also love the image on beautiful stamped background!